[Coco] Coco drives single and double side question.

George Ramsower georgeramsower at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 01:01:28 EST 2008

Here's what I would do to find out exactly what is going on in this system:

I've NEVER found it easy to make new things work well!

Place two unused, double sided disks in those drives (write protect tabs
off) and type the following:
         "note!" DSKINI0 ends with a zero

You will have to wait while it is doing this between each step...
Type the following:

 DSKINI0
 DSKINI1
 DSKINI2
 DSKINI3

> Watch the lights. >DSKINI0 and DSKINI1 should both light the drive one
> light
>                                 >DSKINI2 and DSKINI3 should both light the
> drive two light
> Then type

10 print "hello"

> Then type:

DRIVE 0"
SAVE "DRIVE0"
DRIVE 1
SAVE "DRIVE1"
DRIVE 2
SAVE "DRIVE2"
DRIVE3
SAVE "DRIVE3"

> Now type :

DIR0
DIR1
DIR2
DIR3

 Note the drive lights! Drive one should light on both DIR0 and DIR1. Drive
two should light on DIR2 and DIR3 on both the DISKINI command and the DIR
command
 You should see in each one, the file name in each disk selected. If they
don't match, then we need to find out why. This will probably take some time
inspecting the cable , the controller and the disk drives. I suspect we may
find something exciting that can be used to your advantage.

George