[Coco] [Color Computer] Happy New Years!

tim lindner tlindner at macmess.org
Thu Jan 3 15:43:41 EST 2008

Phil <phil.salathe at gmail.com> wrote:

> >BTW: There is no reason to record 44.1 khz stero for this. 11.025 khz
> >mono would be fine.
>
> Interesting -- so the bandwidth of the Coco cassette data signal only
> goes up to 5.5kHz or so?  I guess it stands to reason.

The CoCo documentation says it uses a single 1200 hertz sinusoidal wave
for a zero bit and a single 2400 hertz sinusoidal wave for a one bit.

But I did some measurements from real hardware recently and found the
real frequency is 1094.7 and 2004.5 hertz.

--
tim lindner
tlindner at macmess.org                                              Bright