[Coco] DLOAD

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Thu Jan 31 13:48:52 EST 2008

It just dawned on me what the DLOAD/DLOADM commands were even made for! Tandy had a classroom network controller used early in the CoCo's life time! I had one for a while, sold it at a CoCoFest years ago. It was a manual controller with one server and many slaves. The teacher (at the server) would CSAVE a program (I think that's the command that was used... might have been a DSAVE command??) and all the students would type in DLOAD. Actually, the students would type the command first, then the teacher would send the program to all at the same time. The network controller also had the capability of singling out individual computers. So the DLOAD command would wait until it received a signal, though I don't know how long it would wait -- possibly until it received a program or the computer was reset (I think the later is the case). An individual student could send the teacher their program too -- the teacher just had to manually switch to that student's computer and type in DLOAD on the server.

Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 19:57:28 -0800
From: tlindner at macmess.org (tim lindner)

--
Frank Swygert