[Coco] Hot CoCo Rights (was: Duplicating Copy-Protected Games)

Erik Ames eternyl_bliss at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 19 03:50:49 EST 2008

I don't want to add fuel to the fire here nor do I normally have much to say (laughs) but... heck it may be even a little off topic for some but still related...

There is a thing called 'Abandoned Warez' and for a classic example: http://www.the-underdogs.info/ This place has been around for many years and provide old pc games that have a copywrite and some have been cracked. For more information on their input about copywrite laws please view the following link: http://www.the-underdogs.info/faq.php#a5.

  You can't buy this stuff anymore and you certainly can't 'buy' CoCo items anymore except for eBay. Then you are the mercy of being in a middle of a bid war with a fanboy with (0) feedbacks or the auctioneer that thinks he can start his lot deal out at $300 and then lets it camp out in his store forever and a day.

  I notice that most software programmers for the CoCo were more than happy to share the their goods. I see it as a big happy community. Is anyone making money on 20+ year old magazines and software? Seriously the Tandy wasn't Commodore / Atari status it was and still is underground with its own community. Anyone paying cash for games that aren't available for retail sale on any website to my knowledge? Even Atari made their games for their console systems open source including the Jaguar.

  So yeah.. Mr. Bjork visit http://www.atariage.com/store/ and see how its done. Come up with a limited edition package with box / manuals / # them / sign them. Heck go crazy put the program's on a picture disc record (for us vinyl junkies) and we can load them off vinyl. How cool would that be? You made it clear that you are a 'software engineer' so we know you have the funds to put together an attractive collectable package that us lowly average folk can enjoy.

  (Puts on his eye patch: I would like to see a list of all the games you wrote to see if I have them all - aye matey I am pretty sure I do evil grin)

  AtariJunkie (aka Metal Messiah back in the 'trading' daze)