[Coco] Hot CoCo Rights (was: Duplicating Copy-Protected Games (Z-89) (Rogelio Perea))

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Thu Jan 17 09:54:12 EST 2008

Rog (do you mind?):

I have never heard of this before - do you or anyone else know of any
contact information for the publisher (or rights owner as the case may
be) of Hot CoCo? Is there an old thread somewhere?

This is a sad shame! I have a few old issues of Hot CoCo, but they soon
went bye-bye (the switched my parents subscription at the time to
something else, then to family computing? can't recall). I remember them
to be fun and have a lot of good info - different from the Rainbow, but
useful in their own right.

I am wondering if we as a community could talk to these people (or
person, as the case may be), and come to an agreement like we did with
the Rainbow (btw - what is the latest on that project - is it stalled?).

---

This frustrates me to no end! I mean, if we took this list as an example
of "all the current owners of a CoCo and those interested in emulating
them", and multiplied it by ten, you still probably wouldn't have an
audience of more than 2000 people (that even seems high to me)! Why hold
on to something like that? Why not at least sell or share it to the
people who hold it dear the most, so they can preserve it?

Is there really a profit motive in all of this?

-- Andrew L. Ayers
    Glendale, Arizona