[Coco] Getting pounded

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz dennis-ix at maltedmedia.com
Mon Jan 7 10:22:32 EST 2008

Hi all,

Just FYI, the server is getting absolutely hammered with spam the past few
days. The stuff is getting discarded, but the admin email isn't. Hundreds
of them hammering away.

I hope none of the spammers actually guesses a list member's address,
because that account will have to be disabled. Hasn't happened yet, but I
keep switching myown list sub address so that doesn't happen.

So two requests.

1. If you signed up a while ago, it was before I required full names to
join the list (there are smart signup bots now). If you have a chance,
please visit your list account (see headers) and add your full name to the
account. That way if you get unsubbed, I don't have to think about it when
you re-sub.

2. Please get a backup Gmail account in case your address gets joe-jobbed
and sends spam to the list. Sub with it, but disable email from the list.
That will keep you there in case you get unsubbed for any reason. (And
remember to use you full name with your Gmail sub request!)

Thanks,
Dennis

http://maltedmedia.com/waam/
"We Are All Mozart"