[Coco] ka9q was Re: Coco Contiki

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Fri Feb 29 13:50:43 EST 2008

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 01:52:13AM -0700, Willard Goosey wrote:

> I make no claims of being SLIP Master X, but my memory is saying
> something about there being two different checksum algorithms?  Or am

Probably not -- SLIP just use normal IP checksums.  These are, of
course, standardized.

You might try running 'tcpdump -lnv -i sl0' (or whatever the slip
interface is called) on the linux box.  That would at least tell
you what frames are being recieved.  If that just gives jibberish
(or nothing) then you might add a '-x' to the command line as well.

I would bet on a framing problem -- slip framing is a bit fragile.
You may also want to run the serial link at the slowest available speed
(300bps?) to ensure you are overruning any serial buffers or the like.
Once you get things working you can try bumping the speed back up.

Good luck!  Be sure to post your startup.net if/when you get things
working!

John
--
John W. Linville