[Coco] Can anyone explain this?

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Fri Feb 29 06:03:23 EST 2008

> The coco 1 without the bubble can't be that rare, Even in mint condition.

The "bubble" was discontinued sometime about or during the the E board run.
I've yet to see an E board with or a D board without.

> There does seem to be a run on bidding for CoCo 1's over the past few
> days.

I have seen this sort of craziness from time to time.  With 18 bids it is
the buyers who are getting excited.

> Since no Extended BASIC manual seems to be shown in the photos,

> I'm guessing this may just be a plain Color BASIC machine, too.

Possibly, Color Basic only machines were offered well into the CoCo 2
version.

> In contrast, last month I picked up a rare albino CoCo 1 in box

> and in excellent condition.

Nice.