[Coco] ka9q was Re: Coco Contiki

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Wed Feb 27 19:59:47 EST 2008

I'll add a qualified "me too" here.  I have vague memories of hooking
the CoCo up to a '386SX-40 running SLS Linux (installed from around 10
floppy disks downloaded from Delphi at 14.4kbps) and transferring a file
or two via FTP.  My recollection is that it felt a lot slower than I
thought it should, judging from my experiences using terminal programs
and xmodem or zmodem on the CoCo, and SLIP/PPP on other mahcines.
Actually, now that I think about it, I might have been using the TC-9
rather than a CoCo 3...

JCE