[Coco] SCC66470B doc

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Mon Feb 25 11:24:47 EST 2008

Bob Devries wrote:
> I have just come across (and immediately scanned) a document called
> SCC66470B Video and System Controller Development Data. This is the
> VSC chip used in the MM/1 computer.
>
> If anyone is interested in a copy, shoot me an email.
>
> I also have one called SCC68070 16/32-bit Microprocessor Development
> Data (not yet scanned...)
>
> It seems the VSC can do 768 x 560 resolution. Has anyone tried this on
> the MM/1? I guess it would require a VGA monitor.
IIUC, the only way to get it to do 560 scan lines is to put it in the
280-line mode, which is only available at 50Hz, and then run it
interlaced.  So your monitor would have to accept VSYNC at 50Hz.  Maybe
in addition to a MultiSync monitor it would work on a PAL TV with a
SCART interface?  And of course you'd probably have to cook up your own
software or modify the windio driver, because K-Windows doesn't support
that screen resolution.

JCE