[Coco] I give up on .ar files

Dean Leiber adit at nationsdial.com
Fri Feb 22 12:26:10 EST 2008

On Feb 21, 2008, at 9:44 PM, L. Curtis Boyle wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 23:54:15 -0600, Neil Morrison
> <neilsmorr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I used to know them. 1.3 was 11 bit maximum Lempel-Ziv (non Welch,
> and I have no idea if I am spelling that right), and 1.4 that Bill
> hacked was to allow up to 12 bit (worked a lot better on larger
> files, which we were doing at work at the time). I am not sure what
> Carl K. did with 2.0.

Don't forget that there is an Ar1.5 which was incompatible with
Carl's AR. Ar2.0 should be able to break all of the ar files except
those archived with ar1.5. I have a copy around here somewhere just
for such occasions. Also, there are incompatibe LZH archives floating
around were archived with the LZH 1.0 utility as well.

Dean