[Coco] [coco] Coco CNC

George Ramsower georgeramsower at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 12:17:39 EST 2008

From: "Robert Gault"
>  The real question is what is the limiting factor (regards time of packed
> v non-packed programs) for the operation you are requesting. If you are
> measuring the time it takes for your shaper or lathe to perform an
> operation, that is the limiting factor not the Basic09 code. If you are
> measuring the time for a Basic09 program to run where it does not
> interface with the real world, then the limiting factors will how many
> lines of the program are numbered, the ratio of integers to reals, and the
> type of math being used.
>  You certainly don't want to pack your programs during the development
> stage because you can't make changes to packed programs. You pack your
> code when you believe there will not be any changes for the foreseeable
> future.

 There are three of these. The only difference is the hardware address and
the LAND number.
 This is the X  axis. The Y and Z are FF61 and FF62 respectivly. The LAND
numbers for all three are 1, 2 and 4.
 Of course, there is the DIM statement to define x at the beginning of the
routine and defining the value of stepper(x) which is 1,2,4,8

 I think I streamlined this as much as can be done with my knowledge of B09.

WHILE LAND(PEEK($FF64),1)=1 DO
x=x+1
IF x>4 THEN x=1 \ ENDIF
POKE $FF60,stepper(x)
ENDWHILE

  There are roughly 6400 steps per inch for the home of the axis in this
mode. The machine is six by six inches on the X and Y axis and about 3
inches on the Z axis.
 When I did the test on speed, the X was at 4.9 inches, Y was at 2 inches
and Z was at 3.4 inches.
 At 6400 steps/inch, and all three axis having to step all the way back to
home, this is a LOT of steps so, I'm not disappointed with the operation.
 I was just curious about packed and non packed B09 procedures.
  When actually machining, I use half steps which doubles the steps/inch..
At 12800 steps/inch, this takes some time. Multiply that times the three
axis... well, go fugure.

 I do not run any other applications or utilities while dong this machining.
Give the coco a break! It's plenty busy doing just this!

George