[Coco] Cassette I/O Error Question

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sun Feb 17 19:38:50 EST 2008

Charles Shrader wrote:
> Hi Again,
>
> I recently acquired a cassette tape with Pyramid on it.  When I load it,
> I get an "I/O Error", but when I enter the EXEC command, the program
> seems to run fine.  I'm considering playing this game through, but don't
> want to play the game if I am eventually going to run into code or data
> corruption.  What are your opinions on my chances to have problems if I
> play this game?  Does the fact that the program seems to run correctly
> indicate that perhaps the I/O error is a false alarm?
>
> Chuck

This needs a CLOADM not a CLOAD. That may be your problem.

The tape is double sided so you can try the other side of the tape which
might work better than the first side.

It looks like the game can't be used with a disk system unless modified.
That means you will need to unplug your disk controller. It does,
however, seem happy with a Coco3.