[Coco] [coco] Coco CNC

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Feb 16 20:53:24 EST 2008

On Friday 15 February 2008, George Ramsower wrote:
>Okay. It finished and it's not perfect. There is a stair step and it has to
>be the dremmel. I know my parts are perpendicular and parrallel. Now I'll
>re-face the part in the other direction and see what I get.
> The grid continues...

I probably need to reface my table too, its managed to collect a dig or 3 from
errant end mills.  But first take up all the slack in the jibs, else it will
sag from its weight on the far end, and cut the end under the bit a thou or
so too much.

I put some more links to pix up on my web page.  Gotta make up some
explanatory text one of these days to wrap around the pix.  Its not running
yet, waiting on a couple of bags of enclosed connectors, I'm going to switch
the whole lashup away from those molex's before I get a piece of swarf in
them and short out the driver board.  Tain't purty, or cheap, did that
once. :(

The Ampmeter says its 15 volt, but it is actually 1.5 amps full scale, and is
currently clipped into the ac fuse circuit so I can see how hard the spindle
is working.  It gets wired in solid, and solidly mounted beside the spindle
motor one of these days (or nights as the case may be)

I wish that $500 (6 years ago) Olympus camera of mine had a viewfinder that
corresponded to the image it takes, neither the zoom nor the field of view
follow the zoom of the lens at all well.  Zoomed all the way in it appears I
get less than what I see in the finder, whereas zoomed all the way out, I get
more than I see, a lot more.  The moral is to shoot wide, and crop with the
Gimp I guess, it already did wonders for the gamma, or the dark stuff would
be almost invisible in these shots.  It has a live color lcd viewfinder too,
but if I turn it on full time, battery life is 10 minutes max.

Figuratively speaking, I think George is actually making progress faster than
I am.  He already knows the basics of the machinery, something I'm learning
as I go.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)