[Coco] Emulator

tim lindner tlindner at macmess.org
Wed Feb 13 10:36:25 EST 2008

Anthony Revelle <arevelle at verizon.net> wrote:

> Does any one know how to get an emulation to communicate with it's
> host systems hard drive? Specifically, I just downloaded Macmess and
> cannot figure out how to access the software on my Macs hard drive.
> Also, how do I start the emulation with just an blank disk?

MacMESS is a very, very old emulator. Are you sure you are using
MacMESS? You should really update to sdlmess (no gui) since you are
using Mac OS X.

Anyway...

In general MESS doesn't talk directly to your file system. It uses disk,
cassette and hard disk images to store files on.

MESS comes with a tool (imgtool) to copy files to and from these images.

--
tim lindner
tlindner at macmess.org                                              Bright