[Coco] Coco3 question

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Tue Feb 12 19:57:21 EST 2008

Whether it is 262 or 262.5 does affect the nominally correct value for the time
between horizontal sync interrupts.  Is that why you're concerned with this
question?  I'm pretty sure that the typical extent of small timing differences
between one CoCo and another is greater than the percentage difference between
262 and 262.5, so the distinction is a bit academic.  At one point, I compared a
few CoCo 2s, and found they differed from one another by a few tenths of a
percent.  I believe there was an adjustable capacitor you could use to fine tune
this, though I never played around with it.  (I used the CoCo in an experimental
psychology laboratory to measure reaction times to verbal stimuli placed on
screen, so I was curious as to how much variation I had between the half-dozen
or so CoCo's I was using.  Since I used a count of HS interrupts, which are
about 1/16 millisecond apart, the CoCo was very accurate for this purpose.)

Flexser, A.J. (1988)  Accurate display timing using an enhanced Basic for the
Tandy Color Computer.  	Behavior Research Methods, Instruments, and Computers,
19, 457-459.

Art