[Coco] video editing software

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Sun Feb 10 22:01:06 EST 2008

From: Dave Kelly <daveekelly1 at embarqmail.com>
> richec wrote:
> > On Saturday 09 February 2008 07:42:58 Fedor Steeman wrote:
> >> OK this is reeeeeeeaaaaaally off topic, but does anyone know a good
> >> (preferably freeware) video-editing program? With which one can clip, add
> >> subtitles, handle different formats... Please reply off list...
> >>
> >  The only free one I know of is Kino. It is a Linux offering. I have not
> > messed with it too much because I primarily use Pinnacle and Primere.
> >
> > I am trying to fire MS so hopefully I will have more time to investigate it.
>
> Other linux flavors some available for free are  found here:
> http://www.linuxmovies.org/software.html

I've had good luck with Kino on Ubuntu systems.  Just make sure there's room, as an mpg has to be expanded to about ten times original size to be edited.
> --
> Whiskey before breakfast, a little rum in the morning coffee.
> Tie flys 'til first light. On the water at sun up.
> Scrambled eggs, ham, biscuits and hot coffee after the morning rise.
> Bourbon for lunch. Gin and tonic at three.

So what do you do with the rest of the day?  (Just curious, I'm pretty exclusively a beer drinker myself, and I don't fish since the Homeland Security folks have been making the explosives hard to get).
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

Well, if you're gonna buy a ticket on the Titanic, you might as well go First Class.

Captain Audie Murphy, Texas Ranger, in _Roswell, Texas_ by L. Neil Smith, Rex May and Scott Bieser.
http://www.bigheadpress.com/roswell/