[Coco] EPROM question

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 8 18:01:20 EST 2008

Mike Pepe wrote:
> jdaggett at gate.net wrote:
>> On 7 Feb 2008 at 1:31, Joef6809 wrote:
>
> Yes- alpha particles won't be able to penetrate the quartz window. They
> won't make it through a piece of paper!

Indeed or through the layer of dead skin, on the outside of your body,
however alpha sources are very dangerous if ingested, because being
relativly large particales (some 8000 odd times more massive than beta
particles) alphas carry a lot of energy, and can do a lot of dammage.

I guess from an electronics point of view beta or gamma would be more
dangerous....

Cheers.

Phill.