[Coco] Impossibly-fast CoCo 3 sprites :)

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Tue Feb 5 20:57:10 EST 2008

At 12:07 AM 2/5/2008, you wrote:
>Roger Taylor wrote:
>
>>In my case, generating a chunk of 6809 code to plot a sprite
>>doesn't require labels or loops, so the code can be appended in one
>>buffer while the start address of each sprite is saved in a JSR table.
>
>So the upshot of all this is that poor Mary is going to get swamped
>by 8 times as many butterflies and attacked by 8 times as many bees? ;)
>
>Regards,

Haha.  Nope, but that game does have a pretty good sprite plotter,
doing all the critters, Mary, the two big trees and the smaller
trees, all in a 60hz sync.  That's with processing for every sprite
byte, transparent or not.

My new routines will be used in future games and other types of
programs for the CoCo 3.