[Coco] quick basic09 copy program

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Tue Feb 5 02:34:21 EST 2008

On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 07:33:57AM -0600, L. Curtis Boyle wrote:
> It's been awhile... I can't remember how easy it is to change the buffer
> size within a BASIC09 program itself

Heh, we both need to spend some quality time with the BASIC-09 manual,
it seems. :-)

>Multivue itself won't take extra room from your program (although it
>will take some extra from the entire computer as a whole);

Yeah, I just meant that programs grow, and without resorting to
complicated tricks (unmapping modules, etc) eventually data-space has
to shrink to allow code-space to grow.

> like for MultiVue, but using it by itself does not require all that much
> extra.

A Multivue interface is perhaps a bad example of creeping featurism,
but it's the one that jumped into my head.  Actually, what annoys me
about Multivue coding isn't the size of the code, but the fussiness
and fragility of the program-gui interface.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
   --- Yacko