[Coco] moving files on bootup

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Feb 4 05:13:47 EST 2008

On Monday 04 February 2008, Willard Goosey wrote:
>On Sun, Feb 03, 2008 at 06:17:45AM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> You forgot the smiley.  Hope I didn't bore some of you with that story.
>
>Sorry.  My bad.  And I love your stories about CoCo2s and TV
>stations.  Fascinating.
>
>> 8 serial ports?
>
>He didn't give us the crunchy techinical details, just that he had 8
>terminals hooked up to his CoCo.
>
>>Heck, I'd shoot the neighbors
>> cat for a RocketPort 8 for this linux box!
>
>You and me both.

I have some stuff here now running on pl2303 or FDTI usb<>serial adapters.
The pl2303 is buggier than a 10 day old carcass though & gives me false loss
of comm errors from my ups anywhere between one a week to 20 a day depending
on the phase of one of jupiters moons.

>> Is there room for two if I bring a towel? :)
>
>Of course!  I'd be honored!

Good, now who can we invite that will bring the beer & chips?

>Willard

Seriously, that would be a long drive for me.  My last, 2 year long safari
into NM (CE at KIVA-TV in Farmington) cost me about $20k in real estate, a
lesson that is a bit hard to forget.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)