[Coco] Still having problems with Assembler

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Sun Feb 3 23:31:15 EST 2008

Bob Devries wrote:

> believe that using a native editor/assembler provides a much greater
> challenge, and arguable provides a learner with a simpler user interface
> to work with.

Ummm... Bob, those two statements appear to be at odds with one another?!?

Anyway, I can only speak from my experience, as you can from yours. It's
about personal preference - no right and wrong - I just find the limitations
with the native tools frustrating, ie. speed, editor functionality etc. And
being able to single-step the CPU with MESS, have multiple breakpoints,
watchpoints, memory windows, assembly listings, etc etc (I find) tends to
make life a little easier - once you have gotten the hang of the tools I
guess. Sure, using the old tools gives some sense of "how it was", but I opt
for increased productivity - time is too short! ;)

Regards,