[Coco] OT: Microsoft Vista woes...

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 05:06:20 EST 2008

Off topic... thought it'd be interesting for some. I read through the
recently released e-mails on Vista within Microsoft and along came a name I
had not heard off in a while: Jon Shirley.

For those who remember the newsletters from Radio Shack back in the late
70's and early EARLY 80's, Mr. Shirley had a column in the publication: "The
View from the 7th Floor". I used to read it because it was like the gossip
outlet for all things TRS-80; Shirley would go to great lengths to lock
horns with the likes of Wayne Green (80 Micro) and other prominent people...
even with John Doe the regular Radio Shack customer - reading his editorial
rants more often than not brought up a chuckle or two. Sometime in the early
80s he was siphoned away by Microsoft.

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/library/vistaone3046.pdf

-=[ Rogelio ]=-