[Coco] I give up on .ar files

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 17:26:07 EST 2008

Diego,
The correct command line to decompress AR files is:

ar -x archive_name

This will decompress the file archive_name.ar into the current working
directory.

A couple of things can happen to AR files from the 'net.
1. CR->LF conversion
2. garbage added to the end of the AR file by older upload programmes using
XMODEM protocol.

The First can only be circumvented by careful setting of options in your FTP
programme. The first can be repaired by another OS9 programme called FIXAR
(also on RTSI).

the capacity to be his spokesman,
so that I know how to help the weary.