[Coco] quick basic09 copy program

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Fri Feb 1 04:47:21 EST 2008

On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 12:23:46PM -0600, L. Curtis Boyle wrote:
> Using the I$ calls also means to you can DIM a byte array for the largest
> size you need,

Humm, buffer size could become a delicate choice as the program grew
and used more code & data.

>but you can control the # of bytes read/written every time
> you call it (unlike GET/PUT, which simply uses the variable's
>size).

Yeah, BASIC-09's file I/O is a bit.... strange.  It's the BASIC
influence.  I never really groked BASIC file I/O.

I had another question, but then I realized I'd have to read up on
BASIC-09 to know if the question even makes sense under the language.

>I used this a lot when we still ran Coco's here at work for
>processing data...

CoCos doing real work?  Shocking! :-)

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org