[Coco] Ultimaterm problems

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Mon Dec 29 19:48:42 EST 2008

At 08:11 AM 12/29/2008, you wrote:
>Has anyone been able to receive more than 9 blocks of data in
>X-modem or Y-modem with Ultimaterm?
>
>I have two Ultimaterm programs one says version 4.0 the other 4.1,
>although I'm not sure what if any difference there is. When
>receiving data from Hyperterminal nul-modem, it is necessary to use
>X-modem on Hyperterminal and Y-modem on Ultimaterm for the system to work.
>Sending data from Ultimaterm to the PC works, but receiving on the
>Coco always fails with files of 10 or more blocks. The system hangs
>at the 10th block.
>
>There are no problems of any kind using OSterm under NitrOS-9 to
>receive files from the PC.
>
>There are no problems sending text by typing at either keyboard
>under Basic or NitrOS-9 at 19200 baud with an RS-232 pak.
>
>Are there any known problems with Ultimaterm? Is there a more recent
>version of Ultimaterm? Is there a better program for Basic to
>receive files, and don't mention Drivewire or CocoNet? :)

cocotape.exe  :)

This console command I wrote can take a PC file and play it as a CoCo
tape audio stream as BASIC, ML, data, etc. gapped or not.  The
cassette cable black plug goes in the Audio Out jack of the PC and
the CoCo can CLOAD or CLOADM from the PC.

--
Roger Taylor

http://www.wordofthedayonline.com