[Coco] Why do we need a CoCo 4? (Long irrelevant rant)

Bill Barnes da3m0n_slay3r at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 29 14:00:49 EST 2008

The PLUS to the fpga idea is, we can extend the 6809/6309 core, if need be to include real 16-bit and even possibly 32-bit operations by creating op-codes that the 6809/6309 haven't used or reserved... we could have a 681609 or 631609 on our hands that way. Possibly using the 6309 trick and have a third mode (6809,6309,631609).

Ah how complex things have become... and what a mess some of the APIs are... Libraries help, but the chore is that some of those libraries have as messed up functions as the APIs they were created to simplify.

-Later!   -WB-    -- BABIC Computer Consulting.