[Coco] More progress

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 12:01:46 EST 2008

On Mon, 29 Dec 2008, Joel Ewy wrote:

>> So, to the extent that a trivial program runs, we have an OS-9
>> cross-compiler that hosts on a Linux box :-).
>>
>> I will pull together my notes and patches and make a comprehensive
>> posting in case anyone else wants to join the party.

> This is very cool indeed.
>
> Refresh my memory a bit.  This is (K&R) C source for the Microware C
> compiler that was mysteriously delivered to Boisy and you have gotten it
> to compile under a (modern?) GCC in Linux?  Or is this a different
> compiler than the one I bought at Radio Shack lo these many years ago?

This is the source package that Boisy had.  After some minor work on the
Makefiles, it compiles fine under gcc on my Ubuntu Hardy system.  The
library sources are mostly mechanical disassemblies of the Microware C
library and they needed a small amount of fixup to remove some bogus
duplicate symbols.

> In any case, I would love to see a more comprehensive write-up.

Will do.  Hopefully within a day or so.  At this point, I have no bothered
with any of the compiler front-end programs since a shell script does just
fine.

Final problem will be to get the owner of Malted Media to move it into an
accessible area for downloads.  Boisy pinged him, but there's been no
action as of yet.

Steve