[Coco] The next or future CoCo project what should a 21st century CoCo be really like?

RJLCyberPunk cyberpunk at prtc.net
Wed Dec 17 22:21:29 EST 2008

I have seen emails and even a whole forum back at the CoCo supersite about
either a virtual CoCo4 or a CoCo5 and so on but in reality is not about a a
number but it should be as to whether or not can a next generation CoCo that
fits the bill for today's age can even be doable?

This are the general things it would need:

1. Marketability - This is by far one of the most important factors of any
system. It has to offer stuff and things people today would be interested in
and at the same time keep compatibility with it's predecessors which given
the tremenous time gap is not an easy task by any stretch of the
imagination.

2 . Compatiility - Another important and diffiicult to achieve objective
given the long time passed between what would be a current system and an
antiquated and obsolete one by today's standards.

3.  Use of Standard easy to find/buy hardware - Tbe use of standard hardware
used for PCs, Macs to keep costs down would also be essential.

That's just off the top of my head but any succesful computer system today
would need what is stated previously.