[Coco] torn on getting a coco...

Sean badfrog at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 21:45:10 EST 2008

I agree with Frank, if you enjoy playing with CoCo hardware, you
should also enjoy using the old data formats too.
And the floppies longevity was surprising, I sent a bunch of them to
Derek to add to his ongoing archive, most of them the generic
white-sleeved bulk type, and he was able to read them.

I was also amazed with the earlier message where someone said "no PCs
for us, everything useful is done on a CoCo".  There's no way I could
give up my PC that plays Warhammer Online and Crysis at 1900x1200 on a
24" widescreen monitor.   While I did put the entire system together
from scratch, there wasn't any cutting of caps to upgrade the memory,
soldering of power supplies and crimping ribbon cables like in the old
days.
And Openoffice and The Gimp blows Max-10 and CocoMax 3 away.  A
320x200 bitmap looks icon sized on my current monitor!

Sean