[Coco] I don't like floppy technology...

Michael Robinson deemcr at robinson-west.com
Tue Dec 16 17:39:01 EST 2008

> Now, seriously, if I send you an FDD setup and about 100 disks, will you shut up?
> I'll send it *AT MY EXPENSE* just to rid the list of your nonsense... and maybe get you to
> leave Mark and Boisy alone...
>
> Tony

You lost the argument so you have to insist that you won because
me worrying about a floppy drive not working for very long time
isn't good enough?  DVD writers are still optical drives.  The
SVD II when it comes out, if it hasn't already, will support
DSDD disk format.  At that point, nitros9 and hdb-dos should
work from dsk images that are loaded into it.

Yes I can go dumpster diving or I can buy an as-is floppy drive
and hope it works, but why?  Using obscenity on me because I
am not satisfied with disk technology in general doesn't make
sense either.

Arguing that I need to do more research is another reason to
avoid floppy drive technology.  I'd rather spend that effort
on figuring out how I can get an SVD II.  In the meantime,
I'll convert coco disks to dsk images on my IBM which has
a 1.2 m drive.