[Coco] torn on getting a coco...

Boisy Pitre boisy at tee-boy.com
Tue Dec 16 08:57:23 EST 2008

james,

For some software, electronic distribution would work, but for others,
it wouldn't.  Utility software that Cloud-9 sells, such as DriveWire,
HDB-DOS, NitrOS-9 System Disks, etc. are by necessity going to need a
floppy drive due to the nature of the software, so it only makes sense
to distribute them on floppy.

Games and other software would certainly fit the bill for electronic
distribution.  I think Michael's idealistic approach to software
distribution isn't taking into account the *type* of software that we
sell at Cloud-9.  A lot of it is system software which, by necessity,
requires legacy hardware such as a floppy drive.

On another note, I want to publicly apologize for riding you hard in
our last interchange on this list.  It was unwarranted, and I'm glad
to see you are back.

Boisy