[Coco] torn on getting a coco...

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Mon Dec 15 12:39:17 EST 2008

From: Andrew Ayers <keeper63 at cox.net>
> > Message: 1
> > Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 08:47:49 -0600
> > From: "Chester A Patterson" <vchester at setec-cr.com>
> > Subject: Re: [Coco] torn on getting a coco...
> > To: "CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts" <coco at maltedmedia.com>
> >
> > Up until I joined this list I did not even understand what was meant by
> > "flaming" or "flame war". Really.
> > This list has taught me the meaning.
> > I had no idea that lists and blogs and such brought out behavior which
> > otherwise was only seen in late night drunken street brawls (seen enough
> > of those)
> > Confrontation and aggression rarely if ever will bring about a favorable
> > result.
> > /Chester
>
> Heh - this is nothing - back in the day (even now, in the right forums)
> flamewars could erupt into something massive, whole lists were crumbled
> and brought to their knees over some.
>
> This? This is just an overly warm area, comparatively...
>
> /you - get off my lawn...

Yup.  Chet obviously hasn't spent much time on political mailing lists.  (Especially those infested with libertarians -- there is some substance to the statist claim that we eat our young)
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

I thought about being diplomatic and polite.  Honest, I really did.  But while I was thinking about it, I accidentally bumped the button that puts my mouth on autopilot, because it said, "That's a load of crap, Captain, and you know it".    Jim Butcher, _Small Favor_