[Coco] torn on getting a coco...

Boisy Pitre boisy at tee-boy.com
Mon Dec 15 06:43:09 EST 2008

On Dec 14, 2008, at 9:58 PM, Michael Robinson wrote:

> How expensive is it for you to distribute software via dsk images on
> a cdrom that can be loaded into drivewire on a PC?  CDROMs are
> cheap,
> hold a lot, and most people have a PC that has a cdrom.  Don't
> stop offering software on 5 1/4" media, just start offering it on
> cdrom as well.

It's not just a matter of media cost, but of media acceptance and what
most CoCo users have.  The 5.25" floppy drive is still the predominant
method for software distribution because it is so widely used, and
that is the way Cloud-9 chooses to distribute our software products.
Out of the many customers we've served, you are the only one that
suggested using CD-ROM as a product medium, and we won't change or
modify our distribution method based on the suggestion of one person.
CD-ROMs may work for you but doesn't work for the vast majority of our
customers.