[Coco] torn on getting a coco...

Mark Marlette mark at cloud9tech.com
Sun Dec 14 20:27:25 EST 2008

First off I would like to thank everyone for the kind words of our
business. I can only recall one other unhappy customer in over 10
years of business.

Michael,

I can see from your 360k disk drive comment that you really have NO
idea of what some of the others have already commented on, supply and
demand. These drives ARE VERY hard to procure. You can still get them
for $49-$125 from other sources. I could give you some links so that
you could go tell them their pricing is too high as well. I do have
DSDD drives but do not sell them bare anymore. You can buy a disk
drive system which has the SSDD drive upgraded to DSDD. Save us both
some time, these are heavy, shipping would be more than $20 as I had
to pay to have the drives shipped in and then made to be function(if
needed), so we don't want to repeat this thread again.......

I could have not included the service fee of $10 or 12 minutes to
install and test the 512k. Most customers see the value. I wouldn't
expect your time to be free, nor should you.

I already explained the $20 fee for double shipping. Go see what it
costs to have over 1200lbs of CoCo items shipped to a dock via
freight lines. Then add the cost of current shipping rates. All items
indicated on the web page + S/H. S=Shipping, H=Handling(PayPal fee).
Break all of this down in the S/H and it is hardly out of line.

This would be a good opportunity for you to start your CoCo5 project.
Please keep us posted on your progress.

Regards,

Mark
Cloud-9