[Coco] The COCO 5, some ideas...

Michael Robinson deemcr at robinson-west.com
Sun Dec 14 17:50:36 EST 2008

On Sun, 2008-12-14 at 18:42 -0400, RJLCyberPunk wrote:
> Lots of problems with that idea! Who would want to even consider a computer
> that plugs to a TV set nowadays? It does not have any advantage over either
> PCs or current console gaming systems

It would run off of a rom and be programmable.  Most gaming
systems aren't programmable.  There is the X-Box Linux
project, but my understanding is that you are better off
getting a normal PC.  Not needing a monitor separate from
your television has it's advantages.  The idea I found on
the web is old, very old.  I think the first thing one
would do is update the idea to take into account what is
possible today.  The hard part of making a COCO compatible
computer is going to be getting the information you need
from the COCO 3.

Like I said when I offered the link, the idea needs to
be updated.