[Coco] Get those hard to find disks...

Derek dml_68 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 10:34:39 EST 2008

I use a 1.44mb 3.5" floppy drive mounted with my FD502 5.25" drive without any problems at all. I find floppy disks all the time at local thrift shops (not blanks but can be formatted easily). On the windows end use the VCC emulator and in it's set up set your real 3.5" floppy drive as drive 1 and you can write disk images to the 3.5" disks via RSDOS. I just tested Gauntlet II , transfered it over to a 3.5" disk and ran it on my 512K CoCo 3 just fine.

Michael Robinson <deemcr at robinson-west.com> wrote: http://floppydisk.com/

Generally I'm disinclined to buy floppy disks, but there
are some programs, like Gauntlet II, that won't run over
drivewire.  Floppies are inherently unreliable.

http://www.thesvd.com/SVD/index.php

is interesting, but a little spendy unfortunately.

Now then, my deluxe joystick could be replaced...

By the time I buy a floppy drive and 50 disks for
it, I'm closing in on the SVD.  Would the SVD work
with Gauntlet II?  Does the IBM feed it the data over
a serial link or is there onboard memory?

I'm surprised there hasn't been an effort to make a
drivewire friendly replacement for Gauntlet II, but
then the audience for that is pretty small.