[Coco] CoCoNet status

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 20:30:33 EST 2008

On 12/9/08, Torsten Dittel wrote:
> DarrenA wrote:
>> I have had success with 28800 on a CoCo 1, but have not done extensive
>> testing.
>> DriveWire 2.0 claims to do 38400 on a CoCo 1.
>
> Hmmmm... could later CoCo1 boards already have faster driver ICs?

I have three 'F' boards all of which have the slower 741C op-amp. The
28800 bps code I tested worked on these boards.

I would imagine that success will also depend on the device which is
receiving the transmission from the CoCo. The actual amplitude will
depend on the voltage levels that the receiving device needs for a
determinate state (the closer to 0 volts the wider the amplitude).
Perhaps the MIDI device in question had a higher threshold than most
PC serial ports, making it less capable of working with the CoCo's
sloping transitions.

Darren