[Coco] CoCoNet status, almost 1 million sectors read without errors

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Tue Dec 9 10:14:06 EST 2008

> Message: 5
> Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 19:08:55 -0600
> From: Roger Taylor <operator at coco3.com>
> Subject: [Coco] CoCoNet status, almost 1 million sectors read without
> 	errors
> To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts <coco at maltedmedia.com>
>
> At 07:29 AM 12/8/2008, you wrote:
>
>>Roger, just a quick question.  Will this also be available on a coco floppy?
>

> Might as well.  It needs to be offered on any media needed by the user.
>
> Ready for some good news, guys?  I started last night's test about
> 10:30pm or so, and it's 7:02pm the next day, 716,000+ sectors have
> been read at 115.2 kbps on a CoCo 2 without errors.  Sometime tonight
> 1 million sectors would have been read without any errors, which is
> what I call "satisfactory".  At this point I can leave the low-level
> serial code alone and work on the wrapper and protocol code for
> making all the neat things happen you'd expect over a network between
> two computers.

Hey, Roger - what platform are you using for the "other side"? I ask
because I know you developed your Rainbow IDE for Windows only - I use a
Linux box for my system (currently in the middle of an upgrade to Ubuntu
8.10), and I would love to see support (does DriveWire work under
*nix?). For best support, you would probably want to release the source,
or at minimum the communication protocol you use...

This sounds like a neat project, regardless!

-- Andrew L. Ayers, Glendale, Arizona