[Coco] CoCoNet status

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sun Dec 7 12:55:51 EST 2008

At 05:55 AM 12/7/2008, you wrote:
>On Sat, 6 Dec 2008, Roger Taylor wrote:
>

> > Btw, CoCoNet was just ROM'ed 5 minutes ago.  The CoCo powers up
> > CoCoNet READY!  The ROM is in an EPROM Pak and no real floppy
> > controller is connected.  Problem is, it's a 27128 16K EPROM, so I'm
> > not sure if this would work in a CoCo 3.
> >

>If you need to have Super Extended Basic available on the CoCo 3, you can use
>the same approach I used for Extended ADOS-3, which resides in a 27128.  When
>you need to call a ROM routine that is in the upper 8K of your
>EPROM, you switch
>to ROM mode first, and switch back to ROM/RAM mode on the return from the
>routine (to somewhere not in the upper 8K) to re-enable Super Ext. Basic.
>(Have your ROM test whether it is running on a CoCo 3 during
>initialization, and
>do this only if a CoCo 3 is being used.)
>
>Art

It seems like this should work on any CoCo using the same code.  Is
there a reason why I should check whether it's a CoCo 3 or not?  I
can understand if I'm having to use the GIME to do internal/external
ROM switching and so forth to access the upper 16K of my ROM then
CoCo 1,2 <> 3 checking might be necessary.

--
Roger Taylor

http://www.wordofthedayonline.com