[Coco] More progress

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 14:40:50 EST 2008

Ok, I have the optimizer outputting the following assembler:

psect hello_c,0,0,0,0,0
  nam hello_c
  ttl main
main: pshs u
  ldd #_1
  lbsr _stkcheck
  leax _2,pcr
  pshs x
  lbsr printf
  leas 2,s
  puls u,pc
_1 equ -70
_2 fcc "Hello, world"
  fcb $d
  fcc ""
  fcb $0
endsect nop

Which looks reasonable.  However, mamou refuses to process it and displays
the following error:

The Mamou Assembler Version 01.00      12/28/2008 14:38:11      Page 001

***** Error: unrecognized mnemonic
00001  E                                psect                         hello_c,0,

Assembler Summary:
  - 1 errors, 0 warnings
  - 17 lines (17 source, 0 blank, 0 comment)
  - $0000 (0) program bytes, $0000 (0) data bytes
  - No output file

This makes zero sense to me, since it cheerfully assembles the library
sources; all of which begin with a psect pseudo-op.

What am I missing?

Steve