[Coco] NitrOS9 driver for Tandy RS232 Pak?

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 10:52:56 EST 2008

Title says it.  I understand that OS-9 has always supported user consoles
on the bit-banger serial port, but with speed limited to 300-baud (!)

I have just acquired a Tandy RS232 Program Pak and am wondering whether
such a thing as a terminal driver exists for it.  Grepping the sources for
NitrOS9 is showing only a device descriptor for a serial console.  Where
(if it exists) is the actual driver?

I'd like to connect a serial terminal at, e.g. 19200 baud to the CoCo 3
and obtain an OS-9 login.  While I like most everything about the CoCo as
an 8-bit hobby machine, I find the keyboard unspeakably wretched.
Ideally, I could use miniterm from my Linux box to log in.

Any advice appreciated!

Steve