[Coco] ReactOS...

Michael Robinson deemcr at robinson-west.com
Sun Dec 14 21:54:56 EST 2008

For those who hate Linux or those who need to run Windows
software that don't want to pay $400+ for a software license,
check out ReactOS.  Please don't pirate Windows, that is hard
on competitors.  ReactOS needs people who can do C system
programming.  ReactOS is licensed under the GNU GPL.
See http://www.reactos.org if you are interested.
I assume that at least some of you, if not most, are using
Microsoft Windows right now and I know this because Microsoft
has a monopoly.

This monopoly makes me wonder, what if a successor to the coco
that takes the coco far enough forward to compete with the PC
came out?  Imagine a COCO clone that is downward compatible
running either ReactOS or Linux as optional OSes with a
more Extended basic as the default language.

Be aware that ReactOS isn't out of alpha state yet and it
lacks even stable file system support.