[Coco] Get those hard to find disks...

Michael Robinson deemcr at robinson-west.com
Thu Dec 11 02:54:59 EST 2008

http://floppydisk.com/

Generally I'm disinclined to buy floppy disks, but there
are some programs, like Gauntlet II, that won't run over
drivewire.  Floppies are inherently unreliable.

http://www.thesvd.com/SVD/index.php

is interesting, but a little spendy unfortunately.

Now then, my deluxe joystick could be replaced...

By the time I buy a floppy drive and 50 disks for
it, I'm closing in on the SVD.  Would the SVD work
with Gauntlet II?  Does the IBM feed it the data over
a serial link or is there onboard memory?

I'm surprised there hasn't been an effort to make a
drivewire friendly replacement for Gauntlet II, but
then the audience for that is pretty small.