[Coco] Amazing!

Chuck Youse cyouse at serialtechnologies.com
Sun Aug 31 20:46:42 EDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-08-31 at 20:40 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

> >They learn by doing, so an apprenticeship system would work much better. A
> >few states still allow you to challenge the exam with no school - why not
> >all?
> >
> Good question...  One I don't have a ready answer for.

Because for the most part, bar associations are elitist clubs.  I have a
bunch of friends who are lawyers (I've mentioned before, it's a
generation Y thing to do), have you ever seen the admission process?
It's an anal probing of the highest order.

And they really have no governmental oversight; they can make up any
rules they feel are appropriate, e.g., requiring someone have a JD from
an accredited institution before being allowed to sit the Bar exams..

C.