[Coco] Okidata ML 172 on my coco

George Ramsower georgeramsower at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 14:15:02 EDT 2008

Okay...

 Last night, went to the my.okidata site, signed in and gave them everything
they need to know to spam me and send me junk mail. Once in, I discovered it
isn't what I need.

On Saturday 30 August 2008, Jim Hickle wrote:

>--- On Sat, 8/30/08, George Ramsower
>> I can't find the manual on this ML 172 printer.
>
>According to Okidata:
>If you are using the ML 172 the IBM Graphics printer driver should be used
> with this printer. The ML 172 was manufactured in only the IBM compatable
> version.

 As we all know, the driver will not work on a coco. The information I am
looking for is the details on sending the escape codes to place it into the
graphics modes and how they implement the printing of the pixels.
 I have had a few DMP printers over the years and, the owner's manuals back
then had a section in the back of the book that explained how to control the
printer all the way down to where to place a pixel/dot in graphics.

>Go here: http://my.okidata.com/PP-ML172.nsf?opendatabase
>Click on "Knowledge Base" for the user manual.
>(Clicking on "Manuals" just gives Material Safety Data Sheets for ribbons.
>.
 Been there and saw that. Searching for a manual showed that it was not for
sale, but gives links to where you can buy it.

DOH!

 I don't think I'll have a problem with sticking a ribbon in my eye :) So
the MSDS sheets aren't applicable.

----------

 Hello! Gene,

>>Oh! I want to make this thing work on my coco so much, I can taste it.
>>It's
>>a sweet taste that brings back memories of lines, circles and more.

>Most of those did the IBM Proprinter graphics quite well George, so you
>might
>want to look that up and see if it works,

Aren't those the built in semi-graphics? That wouldn't do, if it was

 I'll look that up and see if it is what I want

George