[Coco] Setting up a BBS

Rod Barnhart rod.barnhart at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 08:47:40 EDT 2008

> Yes, it just used Extended Color BASIC. But, you still need to find a
> terminal driver for it. I think back in the day we used REMOTERM or
> something, but the much better one was the one written by the Ultimaterm guy
> -- I forget the name of it, but as long as it didn't take up too much memory
> from BASIC, it would be fairly easy to get going.

I'm still working on CoBBS, but since I ran across REMOTE2.BIN, I
thought I'd play with ALLRAM as a diversion and patched it to use the
floppy drive (which I would undo once working). While I did manage to
telnet in, REMOTE2.BIN appears to be way too unstable to work via
telnet. In under two minutes, my telnet session quit responding and I
had to reset the CoCo. Tested multiple times with the same results.
With a more stable driver, ALLRAM via telnet may actually be possible.
If anyone has another terminal driver for the bitbanger port, I'd be
happy to give ALLRAM another go :)

Rod