[Coco] Setting up a BBS

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Mon Aug 25 02:10:45 EDT 2008

From: Allen Huffman <alsplace at pobox.com>
> On Aug 24, 2008, at 10:32 AM, RJRTTY at aol.com wrote:
> > At least I still have a  working drive, or I might have been stuck
> > with
> > ALLRAM  ;)
>
> You know, it dawns on me we might be able to use this to our
> advantage, and get some press for the CoCo Community. I expect just
> having a retro 80's BBS online (on a CoCo, Commdore 64, etc.) might be
> notable on some geek news site, but having something running off of a
> CASSETTE might get more notice.
>
> Perhaps as we get closer to CoCoFest 2009, we can see about getting
> some press this way.
>
> I have not had time to keep up with the CoCo List in awhile, but this
> is a project I think could be fun (especially given the various other
> things going on right now we'd like to tell the world about).
>
> And I'd really like to see StG Net resurface. That was one slick set
> of commands.

When's the last time you heard anything accurately reported by US news media, other than past weather?  (I'm past 50 and can not recall a single instance of truth on any technical subject from the Big Three or the Grey Lady) (La Esposa tells me not to discuss politics around here, but the accuracy is similar).  To them. we're just a bunch of geeks and to us, they're just a bunch of assholes.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

These histrionics were probably unnecessary, since there was no reason to think anybody would be watching us with more than casual interest until I made my first move to follow Buchanon's trail, in London.  Still, somebody might check back this far later, and I always feel that if you're going to play a part, you might as well play it all the way, at least in public -- and it's hard to tell what's public and what isn't, these electronic days.
Donald Hamilton, _The Devastators_, 1965