[Coco] RiBBS & MM/1

richec rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Mon Aug 18 17:30:26 EDT 2008

<snip>

> Only Amiga OS-9 programs would have been feasible.  And Amiga OS-9 is
> more rare than the MM/1 itself, I think.  And I think it didn't have a
> window system, so there wouldn't have been much thrill there.  I do
> remember the original IMS flyer advertising that it would be faster than
> an Amiga.  Well.  Faster than some Amigas.

<snip>

Not only is it rare, but is/was damned expensive (around $450 or so). I looked
into it when I still had an operating Miggy. I actually called Microware
(that should put some time perspective on this) and they stated that they no
longer supported it and that (they thought) it could still be acquired from a
source in Australia. The price stopped any further investigation on my part.
$450 is a bit steep for a hobby.