[Coco] RiBBS

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 13:07:24 EDT 2008

Wow, seeing your name here brings lots of fond memories from those days I
used to limp amongst the available CoCo BBSs at 300bps with my DC Modem
Pak... long distance international calls no less, but all was worth it.

Saddened by the mention of Warren passing... he was one of those persons to
take an extra step to help out and encourage. Still have the transcript
printouts of those sysop chats with him a long time ago.

I had an interest in running RiBBS back in the time but never quite gathered
all required to do so. I did start a BBS in my hometown on Nogales Sonora
Mexico using Ezra Story's ACBBS under RSDOS in my CoCo 3. Not much of a user
base though, perhaps two or three people but it was fun. Ended up using
ACBBS as a host to transfer files back and forth from the Compaq DOS box we
had at work... the best thing about it was that we had ProComm Plus with a
brand new  9.6k Hayes Smartmodem. I'd do my online thing at the office late
at night, disconnect then dial home where the CoCo 3 would answer, and
transfer all the Compuserve goodies that way.

Great to see you here Ron...

-=[ Rogelio]=-